COVID-19 Pandemic has recently shaken the whole world. It is caused by a new strain of Coronavirus, which leads to respiratory tract infection. A person infected with this disease can recover in two to six weeks, depending upon the mild to the critical condition of the patient. In contrast to this, numerous patients (who already have some health problems) may suffer from a serious condition because of their already weak immunity.
The only solution to this problem is by taking appropriate precautions, you can protect yourself as well as others around you. A distance of at least 1 meter, maintenance of good hygiene, and cleanliness in and around the area where you live are the preventive measures that will help you prevent the disease. We will discuss a few tips to keep your surroundings clean during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Transmission of Coronavirus
Coronavirus can be transmitted from one person to another through the following ways:
- Breathing in the virus if you are within close proximity of someone who has COVID-19.
- Respiratory droplets while coughing or sneezing.
- Touching a contaminated surface.
- Unwanted touching of your eyes, nose, or mouth through your infected hands.
Transmission of Coronavirus can only be prevented by
- Use disinfectant to keep your surroundings clean
- Practising good hygiene
- Use of a face mask as well as sanitizers (containing 70% of alcohol)
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Avoid washing hands with standing water in a bowl or basin, instead, wash the hands with running water.
- Avoid unnecessary touching of the door locks, doorknobs, door handles, etc. after washing hands.
- After washing your hands, use an alcohol-based wash or a sanitizer, which further helps in preventing the germs from being passed on from your hands to your eyes, nose, and mouth by killing the virus.
How to clean and disinfect the surface?
There are two steps that should be taken care of in order to clean the surface. Firstly, the surface should be cleaned with detergent/soap and water, and after this has been done a disinfectant contacting 70% of the alcohol or bleach is to be used on that very surface.
Cleaning the vicinity
This process involves the cleaning of the living area, backyard, garage, hallway, frequently used equipment, etc. By taking such kind of preventive measures, one can protect himself/herself from getting infected.
1- Cleaning the surfaces that are in contact
The cleaning of disinfecting things should be a part of daily routines, such as kitchenware and high touch surfaces. The high touch surfaces include door locks, handles, tables, chairs, washrooms, kitchen surfaces, and so on.
These things or surfaces can be disinfected by using any detergent or water along with soap in the first place and then by using the products containing alcohol or bleach on the same contaminated surface.
2 – Cleaning of apparel
Currently, the main reason for the spread of Coronavirus is unclear. Therefore, it is essential to follow precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the virus and breaking the chain of human to human transmission. Some things that need to be taken good care of involving practices such as:
- Removing your shoes outside the living area as well as changing and washing of your clothes once you come from outside.
- If you have returned home from places that are crowded, it is necessary for you to wash your hands properly and then clean with the sanitizers to prevent any sort of infection.
3 – Cleaning of groceries
Whenever you go grocery shopping, one must be careful while you bring those items home. If you are using the cloth bag for keeping the groceries, don’t forget to wash them with detergent. You can make your own cleaning station in order to prevent contamination from things like fruits, vegetables, meat, etc. Remember to wash them properly before storing grocery items to prevent infection.
In case you are using plastic bags, it should be disposed of properly or washed before being reused. If you follow these precautions, you can reduce the chances of getting exposed to the virus.